Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Best Practices in Organ & Tissue Donation: Scott and White Round Rock
Wednesday, August 1, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (CDT)
Round Rock, TX
Open to Critical Care Staff, RTs, OR, Chaplains, Social Workers, Administration and Physicians
TOSA WORKSHOP LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
- Discuss the critical shortage of organs available for transplant
- Discuss CMS & Joint Commission standards and HRSA Community of Practice Goals
related to organ donation
- Discuss the potential for organ and tissue donation in your hospital
- Describe the role of the hospital staff in the donation process
- Discuss First Person Authorization and the different methods for approaching families about donation
- Describe donor management and recovery procedures and processes
- Detail allocation of organs for transplantation
This program has been approved by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN) for 4 contact hours, Synergy CERP Category B, File number 17574.
Please be sure to list your hospital, unit (put this where it says "Group") and title upon registering. We use your home address only if we need to mail your certificate to you.
4 contact hours for FREE plus lunch provided!
*Note: Once you sign up for the class you will receive an e-mail confirmation of your registration. If you do not receive this e-mail please check your junk mail box and add the Eventbrite domain to your list of allowed addresses. We occasionally send updates regarding class info/changes and don't want you to miss anything important!
TO REGISTER BY PHONE, CALL 512.459.4848
TO REGISTER BY EMAIL, CONTACT Emily Meischen at email@example.com
When & Where
Texas Organ Sharing Alliance
The Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA) is one of only 58 non-profit 501(c)(3), independent, federally-designated Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs) in the United States dedicated to educating and providing organ donation and recovery services to families wishing to donate and to those waiting for a life-saving organ transplant. Founded in 1975, TOSA serves 56 counties in South and Central Texas.
Contact: Jody Gibson
Office Direct 512.342.8017